SureCrete Dura-Kote Floor Flakes
Surecrete's Dura-Kote flake floor system creates a vibrant, seamless, resilient surface from plain gray concrete. Although the system is simple both in composition and installation, it yields an exceptionally durable and long lasting floor.
This system is composed of one of the Dura-Kote Epoxies and these Dura-Kote Flakes, random shaped polymer chips, available in 12 color options. The polymer chips provide not only a pleasing palette of color, but also add a measure of slip resistance to the surface. Dura-Kote Epoxy provides the structure and strength of the system. The system is ideally suited for garage floors, commercial kitchens, locker rooms, sports venues, automotive showrooms, veterinarian clinics, laundromats, or anywhere that an exceedingly resilient floor is required.
Epoxy Flake systems continue to gain large popularity among architects, designers, contractors and consumers, due to their unique properties that deliver complete customization to commercial, residential garage coating, retail and industrial floors. The relative ease with which Epoxy Flake coatings are applied allows for this system to be applied, not just by seasoned professional decorative contractors, but also homeowners and DIY weekend warriors.
For superior abrasion and chemical resistance this system requires a protective finish coat. There are several choices available that have varying advantages:
Dura-Kote Polyurethane Solvent Base Clear Gloss – High Gloss
Dura-Kote Epoxy 100 – high build
Dura-Kote Polyurethane Water Base Clear Gloss – Low VOC
Dura-Kote Polyurethane Water Base Clear Satin – Tone down the gloss
Dura-Kote PFC120 Hybrid Solvent Based Polyaspartic – Quick dry
HOW DO YOU APPLY A DURA-KOTE EPOXY FLAKE FLOOR COATING SYSTEM?
Just follow these simple instructions to put a new Epoxy Flake System down:
1) Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants, and fully profiled and etched. Moisture should also be limited, as all Dura-Kote Flakes systems utilize non-vapor-permeable sealers.
2) Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and a relative humidity below 75% and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 12-hour period following application.
3) Based on the color chips and design selected from the Epoxy Flakes Color Chart, apply the pigmented binder coating of your choice, either Pigmented Epoxy 100, Pigmented Epoxy WB or Pigmented PFC-180 (see specific products for more detailed instructions of application).
4) Roll out your binder garage floor epoxy just like you would floor paint, while still wet, broadcast the Dura-Kote Epoxy Flakes onto the surface at your desired delivery rate and design pattern.
5) Allow the floor to dry and cure sufficiently, usually 8-10 hours, depending on temperature.
6) Scrape floor vigorously to remove excess Dura-Kote Flakes, then use a push broom to clean up and residual flakes on the surface.
7) At this point, a finish coat may be applied. We suggest the use of a Polyurethane or Polyaspartic.
8) 16-30 hours after second coat is applied, the surface is ready for light use, and is fully cured after 5-14 days depending on environmental conditions.
Shipping Weight: 25 lbs.
Please select an option below by clicking image