SureCrete Wall Stamp
SureCrete's Wall Stamp is a lightweight, single component cement-based overlay designed for both interior and exterior vertical surfaces. When stamped the texture can resemble an array of designs: cut stone, random stone, brick, slate, etc. Alternatively Wall Stamp may be textured and "cut" free-hand. It offers restoration, repair, resurfacing, and architectural accenting of existing vertical surfaces. Typical areas include retention walls, entry/accent walls, columns, gable ends, fireplace accents, and any other vertical surface or wall. Wall Stamp is formulated to provide excellent bonding to new as well as existing concrete, concrete block, ICF, polystyrene foam, drywall, plaster, plywood, and even painted surfaces.
Wall Stamp has been used in an incredibly diverse array of applications – everything from pre-made stamped texture patterns to custom carved theme park designs and sculptures. With great adhesion qualities and decent work time, Wall Stamp provides a good alternative to casting normal concrete on vertical surfaces, especially in regards to custom carving applications. Even if you don't have the artistic carving skills of a professional artisan, a homeowner can apply the Wall Stamp product without formal training, although we'd probably suggest the utilization of a textured stamping tool.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
Wall Stamp has a wide variety of application methods:
1) Any surface receiving a cementitious coating must be clean, cured, sound and profiled. See our Surface Preparation products for more information on accomplishing this.
2) Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 48 hour period following application.
3) Add 5 quarts water per 40 lb bag to 5 gal bucket and mix in any color desired for integral coloring of Wall Stamp
4) Slowly introduce Wall Stamp while continuously mixing and mix for a minimum of 1 minute once all product has been emptied into container.
5) Scrape the inside of the bucket to make sure there are no "dry pockets" of material that have not been mixed properly.
6) A base coat is always suggested when using Wall Stamp.
7) If applying onto a surface other than concrete, the use of fiberglass mesh is required
8) Trowel a tight thin coat on substrate, using as much force as can be achieved with a hand trowel.
9) Trowel 100% coverage, leaving no bare spots, a minimum of 1/8″ material.
10) Base coat must not be completely dry or it must be scratched prior to finish coat application.
11) Wall Stamp may be applied in multiple lifts up to 1/2″ thick at a time.
12) As finish coat begins to dry, yielding to one's finger without sticking, it may be tooled in a variety of ways. How you do it is up to you!
13) Once the surface is dry to the touch, it can accept stains and secondary colorants at this point, and is also ready to receive a sealer. Typical applications would utilize an acrylic sealer such as SureSeal Super 20 or Super WB.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
DO I HAVE TO USE A FIBERGLASS MESH?
Although any use of mesh will increase flexural strength, it is only required
across non-concrete surfaces or concrete surfaces that are cracked and unsound.
IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW FAR I CAN BUILD OUT WALL STAMP?
Technically yes, but only while it is still workable – at about 3″, the level
of slump will out weight it's adhesive properties. And of course, you must always
consider the weight being placed upon the substrate by adding more Wall Stamp.
CAN I MIX WALL STAMP IN LARGE BATCHES?
While mixing in large batches can be done, it is important to never mix up
more than can be applied within a 45 minute time frame.
SPECS AND PROPERTIES:
Coverage: Approx 18 square foot @ 3/8″ (Varies based on substrate and application)
VOC Rating: 0 g/L
Shelf Life: 1 year in original unopened container
Mixing Ratio: 5-6 quarts water per 40 lb bag
Base Color: Light Gray
Density: 118 lbs/cubic foot
Compressive Strength ASTM C-109: 2,600 PSI @ 28 days
Flexural Strength ASTM C-348: 950 PSI @ 28 days
Tensile Strength ASTM C-190: 140 PSI @ 28 days
Abrasion Resistance 28 days % loss – 500 cycles – less than 0.40%
Mosaic Shear ANSI A 118.4: 275 PSI @ 28 days
Water Permeability ASTM D2247: Passes Freeze/Thaw @ 50 cycles
Shipping Weight: 40 lbs.
Please select an option below by clicking image