SurePrime (5 gallons)
SureCrete's SurePrime is a 28% solids concrete bonding agent copolymer emulsion (vinyl acetate ethylene or VAE) designed for use in combination with cement-based overlays as a bonding agent. SurePrime offers advantages when placing an overlay to its intended substrate:
- >> Improved Adhesion
- >> Reduced Permeability
- >> Increased Abrasion Resistance
- >> Improved Flexural Strength
- >> Improved Tensile Strength
- >> Enhanced Freeze-thaw Durability
For substrates that are excessively "thirsty," SurePrime will help slow down the wicking away of moisture from the overlay being applied increasing workability. SurePrime may be applied, allowed to dry, and as the overlay is placed, it "rewets" and the bond is established. SurePrime performs both horizontally (slabs or decks) and vertically (walls.)
It can be applied on old concrete slabs, worn-down surfaces, overly porous concrete, overtroweled or tightly troweled surfaces, interior residential floors and interior commercial flooring.
HOW DO YOU APPLY BONDING AGENT PRIMER?
SurePrime, a concrete overlay bonding agent, was meant to be a simple in-between step before applying a thin overlay coating:
1) Mix product thoroughly with a cordless drill equipped with a jiffy-style mixer for 2 minutes.
2) May use pump-up sprayer and thoroughly coat the substrate with Sure-Prime, or utilize a soft-bristle broom to brush SurePrime onto substrate, especially for areas that are excessively porous.
3) While SurePrime concrete overlay bonding agent may dry to the touch prior to application of overlay, do not allow over 8 hours dry time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
DO I NEED TO USE SUREPRIME CONCRETE OVERLAY BONDING AGENT BEFORE EVERY APPLICATION OF A THIN OVERLAY?
No, it is ONLY intended to be used on areas where bonding of your intended overlay coating would be in question.
I USED SUREPRIME CONCRETE OVERLAY BONDING AGENT, WHY IS MY OVERLAY NOT ADHERING CORRECTLY?
This can happen in areas where SurePrime Concrete Bonding Agent has been allowed to cure past the 8 hour suggestion and is now too tight on the surface to accept an overlay.
SPECIFICATIONS AND PROPERTIES:
Coverage: Varies on substrate – 150-200 square foot /gallon/coat
VOC Rating: 0 g/L
Shelf Life: 6 months in original unopened container
Solids Content: 28%
Viscosity: 1,200 cps
Density: 8.7 lbs/gal (1,044 g/L)
Mechanical Stability: Excellent
Water Resistance: Good
Film Clarity: Hazy
Shipping Weight: 50 lbs.
Please select an option below by clicking image